Rays weekly update
04 sep 2019
- Two-week sprint is over (bug fixes and urgent feedback).
- When a running task is canceled or finished with failed frames - refund is provided in the form of bonus credits (USD).
- The frontend is seriously optimized.
- Other frontend bugs and improvements - 4 items.
- Other backend bugs and improvements - 2 items.
Work in progress
- New sprint has started. Support for render projects with complicated file structures (packed as a ZIP archive) is a flagship feature.
- Some features of the new sprint are already being tested:
- New GTM and YM metrics for raysrender.com.
- Frontend optimizations for mobile devices.
- ZIP file with render results is now available early, you can pause a running job and download all the finished frames as one archive (previously single archive with results was only provided once the render task is finished).
- Render jobs are now delivered to workers using torrent (this mode of delivery is currently being tested in parallel with the old one - direct link download, once the testing is over - torrent mode will be primary).
- October feature pack status for the Worldwide Rays Promotion:
- Upload render task as ZIP file (upload baked and simulated data).
- Upload render task using Google Drive.
- Download all artifacts, created during render run (currently we only output resulting images).
- Internal torrent-based file distributing server --> worker.
- Support for BRANCHED_PATH Tracing with aa_samples.
- Support for official Blender plugins.
- E-mail notifications for job status changes (upload complete, analysis complete, render complete).
Marketing and PR
- New marketing program has been developed (no details disclosed).
- Landing page is being updated.
- Context ads starting soon.